Silverado Throttle Controller: Increase Acceleration And Speed
So, searching for a throttle controller for your Silverado?
Trying to improve your trucks acceleration?
It's instant smiles for miles after installing. Totally change how your truck or car accelerates.
Be careful though, not all response controllers are the same.
We reviewed some of the best throttle controllers in the market. They do work and we highly recommend using ShiftPower >
Keep reading... we got you.
Bottom line, installing a throttle controller in your vehicle is just plain fun!
Throttle response controllers are an easy upgrade that takes minutes to get precise response from your Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and more.
Using a throttle controller in your Silverado 1500 truck will greatly improve your driving experience. The best part is that you can personalize the acceleration response as you drive by using a remote or smart phone.
The throttle response controller, for the Chevy Silverado 1500 , is a device that you can install on your truck to make it go faster. It's really easy to do, just plug in the cable and turn up the settings! A throttle controller specifically tuned for your vehicle will provide you with an improved acceleration and top speed.
A throttle response controller is a device that can be installed in your Silverado to make it go faster! Installs in about 15min. It has tons of benefits, so let's take a look at those now!
Keep reading to learn more about throttle response controllers for Silverado and Chevrolet vehicles. There are a lot of pro's to using one.
Are you having lag problems in your Silverado? What is Silverado Lag?
What is a throttle response controller?
Its a simple device that makes a huge difference!
When you need more power from your pickup truck for some reason like pulling a trailer up a steep hillside with limited traction, just press the gas pedal slightly and your throttle response controller will help the RPM respond faster. Go 0 to 60 faster!
Technically the throttle response controller connects to the electronic accelerator pedal from exact same oem harness in your throttle pedal of your vehicle. When you press on the accelerator, this is what tells the engine to go faster and give you better acceleration!
The response controller is a device that controls the signal from the throttle pedal to your engine or ECU known as the throttle angle sensor.
It does this by using a potentiometer to change the throttle signal - or pedal position and then sends it back into your throttle shaft, which is what directly controls your engine or ECU.
You can easily install a throttle controller in your Silverdo 1500, 2500, 3500 and more, and in just minutes you'll be able to control acceleration and top speed.
This will give you an improved ride! Talking, instant fun.
A throttle controller, for the Chevy Silverado ( example, plugged into a Chevy Silverado 1500 gas pedal), is an easy-to-install device that allows you to make your pickup truck go faster. You'll be able to install one in just minutes!
A special throttle controller specifically tuned for your vehicle will let you control acceleration and top speed, giving you an improved ride.
There are many different types of controllers on the market today that do all kinds of cool things with regard to acceleration, so it's best for drivers who want more power or better timing controls between their gas pedals and engines - which is pretty much everybody.
The best options will let you make changes on-the-fly without having any performance negative impacts.
These should come with an easy to use remote and smart phone app. You can instantly and immediately control the gas pedal to RPM response.
What are some pro's of using a Throttle Controller?
- Increased Acceleration & Speed: The throttle controller increases horsepower by resisting engine torque at low RPMs. This allows drivers to accelerate more rapidly from stop light or traffic jam than without this product installed - saving time and money as well as reducing emissions produced by engine idling.
- Lower Emission Levels: Having less throttle lag at low RPMs decreases the amount of engine emissions, which is especially helpful during cold weather when engines need to run more often.
- More Power: The throttle controller also provides additional power at high RPMs when needed or desired for maximum performance and fun on winding roads.
- Easy to install: Response plug and play. Doesn't void your factory warranty since the controller doesn't directly connect to any computer chip. It simply manage the electronic signal which remaps the throttle response.
What are some cons of the Throttle Controller?
- Installation required: Installing a throttle controller in your pickup truck requires you to be mechanically inclined so that the installation can be done correctly without any modifications made by an auto mechanic shop.
The good news is that it is a really easy DIY home project that takes about 15 to 20 min to complete, but years of fun driving!
-Additionally, it may not work with all trucks based on their model year and make/model specific needs. This will require reading about your vehicle before purchase and making sure this product fits into its specifications first! If there's anything unclear then contact us, if any questions ask a specialist.
How can I improve my Silverado throttle response?
A throttle controller can improve your acceleration and speed. It is specifically tuned to give you more control of engine power by activating the pedal quickly, without having any delay from a computer or human reaction time.
This will put you in the drivers seat when it comes to accelerating faster and speeding up when necessary!
With our controller installed on your vehicle's throttle body, there are no downsides - this is just an all-around upgrade for anyone with a truck that needs better performance.
For most people who use their trucks as work vehicles, being able to start off at high speeds makes life easier because they won't have so much distance between themselves and other cars ahead of them before moving into lanes or merging onto highways.
After you you install then you will be able to remap your accelerator response. Here are the available response curves provided by ShiftPower. These are all available to personalize and adjust as you drive.
Are throttle controllers bad for your car or truck?
No, the throttle controller is not bad for your car or truck. In fact, it can be a great upgrade for your throttle body if you want to see more power and torque. Get up to speed but maintain that higher level of acceleration!
The controller doesn't directly affect any other engine components, and it's quite a common upgrade. Its a single plug to connect and is easy plug and play to install.
To use, simply connect the Throttle controller T harness to the OEM accelerator pedal. Modern throttle controllers are designed to work seamless with your drive by wire system and not a cable operated throttle body.
Its a great upgrade for your modern Silverado 1500, 2500, etc.
It simply increases the throttle opening for a given amount of time - in general about 25 to 90%. The controller attaches to your truck's accelerator pedal.
The silverado 1500 can be upgraded with this Throttle Controller from ShiftPower. There are no downsides - this is just an all-around upgrade for anyone with a truck that needs better performance.
Even if you have a lease vehicle, you can easily install and doesn't void your factory warranty. Then simply remove and connect the original pedal. There will be no way to tell a throttle controller was connected.
Are throttle controllers worth it?
Yes, in our opinion, they are worth installing in your Silverado 1500, 2500, and 3500. ShiftPower greatly improves the driving experience by giving you full control of of your gas pedal.
- The throttle controller is a great investment for any driver that wants to enjoy a more powerful and responsive ride. It gives you the ability to take control of your truck from both inside and outside with its wide ranging features like cruise control, engine braking, acceleration limiting, preset shift points, response time as well as much more! It does not come cheap but it's worth every penny in our opinion.
It feels good when you're driving by yourself or even if there are people in passenger seats - giving them the smoothest drive possible. You can't help but want this kind of power under your fingertips all day long which will increase fuel efficiency too!
- There is no other way to get these types of vehicle controls other than with the throttle controller.
- This throttle controller is specifically personalized to your truck so you can get more power and control from it on or off road, day or night!
- On top of that, this throttle controller gives you preset shift points which will give maximum acceleration during high profile moments where we need to accelerate fast.
Bottom line, they are just plain fun!
Do throttle response controllers work?
Yes, they really do work! With in minutes of installing you will feel an enormous difference in how your Silverado drives.
It's night and day difference that we think you will really enjoy. This is the fastest and often the easiest way to upgrade to see a significant difference.
Other upgrades can be far more costly compared to trying a throttle controller.
The Throttle Controller for the Silverado 1500, 2500 or 2500 is the perfect answer for those who would like to get more power and control from their truck.
Our pre-set shift points will help you accelerate in high profile moments such as passing on a freeway or merging onto traffic after getting off of an exit ramp.
The sensitivity of controllers also increase when driving slower speeds, so it’s perfect for the occasional parking your Silverado or going through heavy traffic.
The throttle controller is personalized to your Silverado 1500 specifically, so that you can get just the right amount of power and control no matter where or when. Using a mobile app you can adjust the delay on your electronic pedal.
- It also includes preset shift points which help maximize acceleration in high profile moments--like accelerating up a hill on a wide with little traction.
Throttle controller specifically tuned for Chevrolet
Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 ...
- The throttle controller is personalized to your Chevrolet Silverado 1500 specifically, so that you can get just the right amount of power and control no matter where or when. Using a mobile app, you can adjust the delay on your electronic pedal.
- It also includes preset shift points which help maximize acceleration in high profile moments--like accelerating up a hill with little traction.
This has been shown to increase speed from 0 MPH by an average of 40%. This achieved in testing while driving around town at speeds between 30 MPH and 60 MPH with a silverado equipped with the Throttle Body Controller (TBC).
While this may not seem like much initially, it translates into a pretty significant difference from 0 to 60 from the green light.
Questions ask a specialist if not sure
You might have questions about the Throttle Controllers and we can certainly help. After reviewing many of the top options we have decided that ShiftPower is the winner for many reasons.
Simple and sleek modern design, but more importantly an ability to map 300+ response settings. Use a simple % power dial on your phone for total personalization. Best part is that you can do this while you are driving for true custom performance.
The Silverado Throttle Response Controller (TRC) gives you a smoother ride and increased acceleration without sacrificing your control.
When driving at high speeds, this is important to have so that you can get just the right amount of power and control no matter where or when.
And it's easy to use!
With an app on your smartphone, you can adjust the delay on your electronic pedal for maximum performance in every situation--from hills with limited traction all the way to long stretches of highway cruising.
We really think you will enjoy using a throttle controller and the positive driving experience it brings.
Maybe you are looking to solve your Ford Lag? They also have lag problems like many modern Trucks!