Looking for another year? Click to find your cluster:
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado Instrument Cluster
- 2005 Chevrolet Silverado Instrument Cluster
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Instrument Cluster
- 2007 Chevrolet Silverado (classic) Instrument Cluster
Silverado Instrument Cluster Replacement Process:
- Complete your order
- We ship your programmed cluster (M-F) - free shipping with tracking number.
- Simple cluster install - plug and play!
- Activate Lifetime Warranty - ship us your old broken cluster with the free return shipping label.
- 40 years of remanufacturing experience for dealerships.
- OEM Standards & Quality. OEM standard parts used.
- FREE Shipping (M-F delivery)
- FREE Return Core Shipping Included.
- FREE Core Programming - Simple Plug & Play install.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty Available.
- No Core Deposit Hassles.
- Protective custom foam box.
- Customer service is available M-F 8am to 5pm Pacific.
Why buy your Silverado Instrument Cluster Replacement from ISS Automotive?
Founded in 1949, we have been distributing and remanufacturing for top automotive suppliers for 70 years. The ISS Automotive website was launched in 2020 to provide instrument cluster replacement & repair services to the community. The ISS team has replaced or repaired over 1.5 millions clusters, radios, electronics and more over several decades. Our customer service team works directly with dealerships giving us inside knowledge to the best parts and solutions available. Learn More About Us
Do you have any questions: Contact Us
Lifetime Warranty if we receive your broken core within 30 days. We provide free return shipping for old core to activate your warranty.
Lifetime Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship for as long as you own the vehicle. So if for example, the touchscreen became unresponsive, we would replace or repair it free of charge. It would not cover things like crash, fire, theft, etc. The warranty is verifiable by your VIN or your original invoice should you run into any problems in the future.
See our return policy.
2004 Chevy Silverado Gauge Cluster
Replacing your instrument cluster for a 2003 – 2006 Chevy Silverado is very easy and it can be done at home. It's a simple swap with a single plug.
We offer replacements for the 2003 to 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Instrument Cluster with new motors for the Speedometer, Tachometer, Fuel, Temperature Gauges and other related instruments.
When you need a new instrument cluster or speedometer, look no further than ISS Automotive. We have been in the business of saving people money since 1949. We offer professional programming and testing services that exceed what most companies offer. Clusters come with a lifetime warranty.
- 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 Suburban
- 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 Avalanche
- 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 Tahoe
- 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 Silverado 1500, 1500HD, 2500, 2500HD, 3500, and 3500HD
ISS Automotive OEM Remanufactured Instrument Clusters
The ISS Automotive Remanufactured Instrument Clusters are designed to be a cost effective alternative to the high dealer price. A remanufactured Instrument Cluster is guaranteed to perform like-new and will look and function just like a factory installed unit, but at a fraction of the cost.
Instrument Cluster Lifetime warranty
The ISS Automotive Remanufactured Instrument Clusters comes with a lifetime warranty and even come with customizations. With over 30 years of Instrument Cluster repair experience, we have seen just about everything and know how to get your cluster repaired or replaced quickly and economically.
LED BACKLIGHTING UPGRADES
An LED Backlighting upgrade for Chevrolet Instrument Clusters is available on the market and can be installed reasonably quickly and easily by almost anyone.
LED Lights for Clusters
This upgrade includes a complete set of LED's used to backlight the entire cluster as well as the needles.
This not only makes your cluster look nicer, but also makes it easier to see the instruments at night.
The LED Backlighting upgrade for Chevrolet Instrument Clusters is a simple and effective way to give your car a more modern look and feel without breaking the bank.
TRANSMISSION TEMPERATURE GAUGE UPGRADE
An Transmission Temperature Gauge upgrade is available for Chevrolet Instrument Clusters. This upgrade will allow the driver to see the actual transmission fluid temperature as it works.
Adding a Transmission Temp Gauge
To add a Transmission Temperature Gauge to your Chevrolet Instrument Cluster, you simply order a replacement from us. This will come with an included temp gauge. No mod is needed for your vehicle.
The Transmission Temperature Gauge upgrade is a great way to keep an eye on your transmission fluid temperature. No mod is needed to install.
How much does it cost to fix instrument cluster?
The cost to repair your 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd Instrument Cluster will typically cost $500+ at an auto repair shop. You can find replacement clusters for around $150 and up on ebay, but these tend to be garage style repairs. Your will want to use ISS Automotive for OEM quality that includes professional testing and programming.
This is a difficult part to replace at home, because you will need access to a computer to program the replacement cluster. The best option would be repairing your 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd Instrument Cluster at an auto repair shop.
Why did my instrument cluster stop working?
There are a variety of reasons why your Instrument Cluster may stop working.
A faulty instrument cluster is typically due to excessive heat or electrical issues.
Heat can cause damage to the internal components which will lead to malfunctions in the digital gauge. Water damage, battery corrosion, and corrosion from everyday wear and tear can create electrical issues which will lead to malfunctions in the digital gauge
Electrical problems may also cause intermittent issues with the digital gauge.
The first step is to determine if the problem with your 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd Instrument Cluster is due to heat, electrical, or another issue.
How to repair Instrument Cluster on Chevy
It is a good idea to inspect your gauges from time to time for any signs that they are going out. If you notice any dimming or flickering, you should have them looked at as soon as possible. You can also check the plastic on your gauge faces for damage.
Dirty gauges will make it difficult to see, so clean them with soap and water if you find they are dirty from time to time. If your speedometer or other gauges are not working, you may need to replace the cluster in your vehicle.
How do you know if your dash cluster is bad?
A 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd Instrument Cluster that is not working properly will present itself in a variety of ways.
Here are some common dash warning signs:
- The digital gauge will not turn on.
- There are missing segments in the display of the digital guage.
- The digital guage will switch through an entire range of numbers on it's own accord.
- There are lines or blocks in the display of the digital guage.
- Some of the numbers on the digital gauge are dim or not visible.
- The speedometer needle jumps around.
The 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd speedometer needle does not return to 0 after shifting gears.
How to repair gm cluster and test your instrument cluster
Instrument clusters for 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd are repairable. The repair process will vary depending on the problem with your cluster.
If your 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd Instrument Cluster is not getting power, then you need to check and see if there is power at the cluster.
To do this, you will need a multimeter and to test the voltage of the wire harness going into the cluster with the key on.
- If there is power at the wire harness going into the cluster and the digital gauge still does not turn on, then you have a problem with the cluster's power steering.
- If there is no power at the wire harness going into the cluster, then you will need to check for power at the fuse box.
- If there is no power at the fuse box, then you have a blown fuse and need to replace it.
- If there is power at the cluster, but it still does not work, then you will need to replace the cluster.
- If your 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd Instrument Cluster has lines or blocks in the digital gauge display, then you will need to replace the cluster.
- If your 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd Instrument Cluster does not return to 0 after shifting gears, then you need to replace the cluster.
- If your speedometer needle jumps around, then you need to replace the cluster.
- If the numbers on your digital gauge are dim or not visible, then you will need to replace the cluster.
- If your speedometer needle does not return to 0 after shifting gears, then you need to replace the cluster.
- If any of these issues are present, then you need to replace the cluster.
How do I reset my GM instrument cluster?
There are a few different ways to reset your GM instrument cluster.
The first way is as follows: Turn the ignition switch from off to on 8 times within 10 seconds (do not start the engine) and it should reset.
This will clear any diagnostic trouble codes or check engine lights.
- Another way is to disconnect the battery terminals for 20 seconds then reconnect them.
- The third method is to turn your key over to accessory, then back to on within 10 seconds.
- The vehicle is now reset and will need to relearn its idle pattern. To do this start the vehicle and let it idle for 30 seconds or so, then turn the engine off.
- Once you have done this it is recommended to re-initialize the computer by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery terminals.
- The fourth way is to connect a scanner and clear any trouble codes that may be present.
- If you want to change the speed that your tachometer displays, then just tap on it with your finger and it will change.
Be sure to check out our other repair guides before you start this procedure.
Automatic transmission Temp Gauge Kit
An Automatic Transmission Temperature Gauge Upgrade is available for Chevrolet Instrument Clusters. This upgrade will allow the driver to see the actual transmission fluid temperature as it is.
All you need to do it order one of our clusters and include a transmission temp gauge upgrade. No modification is needed for the cluster with an instrument cluster temp guage to work correctly. Simply plug into your vehicle.
How do you reset the gauge cluster on a 2003 Silverado?
Do not attempt to reset the gauge cluster on a 2003 Silverado unless there is a malfunction. In order to reset the gauges, you will need to disconnect the battery and wait three minutes. Then, reconnect the battery and turn on your ignition switch in 15 seconds or less.
The gauges will begin to move and then stop. Wait three minutes; turn the ignition off for one minute, then on again. This will reset your gauges. The vehicle will also need to relearn its idle pattern.
To do this, start the vehicle and let it idle for 30 seconds or so, then turn the engine off. Once you have done this, it is recommended to re-initialize the computer by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery terminals.
2003 Chevrolet silverado engine light reset
Turn the key to the on position and wait 15 seconds. Turn the key off for yet another 15 seconds and turn it back on. Do this process three times in a row. This will reset the engine light and you should no longer see it lit up on your dash.
If the code that was triggered is a simple fix, the light will go out and you can drive your truck. If it comes back on, turn off the engine and allow five minutes to pass. Turn the engine back on and you should see no warning light for that code.
If your vehicle is equipped with the OnStar system, press the blue button on your touch tone phone. Follow the prompts to turn off your vehicle's check engine light. This will only work if there is no problem with your trucks computer.
How to replace the instrument cluster in a 2003 Chevy Silverado?
See our short video above for the basic and easy steps.
You will need to remove the dash trim around the shifter from your vehicle. Remove the 4 screws that hold the cluster in place and pull it out of the dash. Be sure to disconnect both plugs on either side of your instrument cluster before pulling it out completely. Unplug the connectors that run into your dash.
Be sure to use your parking brake to move your shifter.
Can you install an LED Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD - Instrument Cluster
It is possible to install the Chevrolet Silverado instrument cluster replacement using LED lights. This will require changing out the bulbs with LEDs, then hooking these up to an adapter that will allow you to use your existing gauges. The easiest way to do this is by ordering a replacement cluster from ISS Automotive.