Toyota Tacoma Throttle Controller: Upgrade throttle response
Learn how to eliminate the delay in throttle response and improve your control over engine RPMs!
Remove the lag between your foot pedal position using a device called a throttle response controller. But, what is it and what is a good option for your Tacoma.
While Toyota and others have long used a form of throttle control, other manufacturers are learning about this technology. This is good news because these controllers can fit models back to 2005.
There is an upgrade to this system that simply plugs into the existing gas pedal to remove the sluggish pedal.
The ShiftPower Throttle Controller is one example that attaches to the original gas pedal and makes a noticeable difference.
This product contains everything you need to modify your Drive By Wire (DBW) system on your Tacoma.
We are seeing lots of Toyota Tacoma drivers taking advantage of these controllers to remove the "dead pedal"!
The biggest benefit is that it is highly customizable with an easy to use app.
Fits many Toyota models
Fits all Tacoma models as far back as 2005!
The Controller is compatible with all automatic and manual Toyota Camry, Corolla, Matrix and Prius cars, as well as all Tacoma models.
This part will not affect any of your factory or aftermarket traction control devices.
More articles on Toyota Throttle Controller upgrades >
How do I get rid of Toyota Tacoma throttle lag ?
Here are some of the advantages that you can get when you have used this product.
- One of the main advantages is that it will help in reducing the delay in throttle response by more than half.
- This means that your vehicle's acceleration will be better irrespective of whether you are accelerating from a stop or while driving through corners.
- he other advantage is that this product will improve the time that is required for semi-automatic vehicles to shift gears.
The other thing about it is that even if you have a manual transmission, it will still work because the throttle response from the engine, as well as chassis dynamics due to traction control are handled by software.
This means that equalized stability and handling characteristics will result in an improvement of your driving experience.
Best way to improve Tacoma throttle response
The ShiftPower Throttle Controller offers a comprehensive upgrade to the Drive By Wire (DBW) system on your Tacoma, for easier and more responsive handling. This controller will eliminate most of the gas pedal delay caused by Toyota's initial throttle control systems.
- When paired with an aftermarket chip or other device, this DIY-friendly upgrade will improve your throttle response for better control over engine RPM and your vehicle's acceleration.
- The system is set up to connect directly to any Toyota Tacoma or other make's DBW system, using the stock connectors and mounting brackets; so you never have to cut or splice your existing wires.
- By computer controlling a motorized throttle body, you will gain greater throttle control over your engine and vehicle's power.
This upgrade will make your gas pedal acceleration more predictable, improving your cornering and passing maneuvers; cutting shift times by as much as 0.2 seconds in some tests.
Best throttle response controller for Toyota Tacoma
This controller will allow you to make your Tacoma's gas pedal throttle response even more responsive than the original system. You can get away from the feeling that you are dragging a big rock in your truck while driving it with this upgrade as well.
The response Controller works with all applications for either automatic or manual Toyota Tacoma and other makes, including closed loop systems.
The ShiftPower Throttle Controller is designed to be used in conjunction with your existing Drive By Wire (DBW) system on any Toyota Tacoma or other vehicle's throttle body.
This controller will eliminate the delay when compared to stock, and you'll have more control over engine RPMs than before; improving response time and acceleration.
Many buyers prefer its DIY-friendly installation and its ability to be compatible with all automatic or manual Toyota vehicles.
For the best possible vehicle response, pair this part with other products that are compatible with your vehicle and install them at the same time.
Quality of the Throttle Controller
The quality that you will get from the product is also something that should be taken into consideration.
Many people have found this to be a good product since the connection wires are longer than usual, meaning that you can use it even if you are using older vehicles which have low engine bays.
- The wire that is used in the product has stainless steel cover for extra protection. This h as been found to handle up to 1,200 amps and provide better continuity than OE wire.
- This controller has been designed with installation in mind; many users state that it took them no more than 15 minutes to finish the job.
- You will be able to save time and effort when you install this product due to its well-thought out instructions. The wires can be hidden neatly inside your fuse box as they are longer than most to accommodate older trucks with low engine bays.
If you want a system that is easy to install, provides excellent value for money and will help reduce the delay in throttle response by more than half, then this product is one.
Do throttle controllers really work?
Yes! There are plenty of videos on Youtube and other sites showing the benefits of a controller. They make acceleration more crisp, smooth and responsive helping you to avoid that "slow delay" when you hit the gas pedal in your Toyota Tacoma.
Some users have even found an increase in fuel economy by using a throttle body controller because they can be more controlled in their acceleration. Fuel economy can improve up to 2% with this product depending on how it is installed and your driving style.
What are the benefits of using a TBC?
A controller will give you more control over your engine RPMs than before by eliminating that delay when compared to stock. It'll make your vehicle more responsive, making you feel like the throttle is directly connected to your foot and that the engine responds to your every command.
The benefits of having a response controller are incredible. For starters, it allows for an increase in acceleration.
- If you want even more power from your Toyota Tacoma', then this device can be installed quickly and easily by anyone who can use a screwdriver. It's quick and easy to install; taking just minutes, not hours or even days like some other devices to install.
- It'll also help with fuel consumption because you can be more controlled in your acceleration. There is no lag time and it has the potential for an increase in power depending on how the device is installed.
- If you drive aggressively then this is the perfect way to get more out of your Toyota Tacoma.
With a TBC, you'll never have that slow lag when accelerating again! It's easy to use and its instructions are simple so that anyone can install it.
They work on a variety of modern Toyota' like the 4Runner, Tacoma, Highlander, Tundra and FJ Cruiser with a minimum of fuss and hassle.
And finally, it's an excellent value for money! Considering how much you'll save on gas alone when using your vehicle more relaxed while still maintaining the same speed. You also have the potential to get more horsepower so if you want an easier way to control your engine.
What is a throttle response controller?
A throttle response controller, also known as a throttle response kit, is a power adder for your vehicle. This device makes it easy to control your accelerator and increase the overall power of your engine.
It's simple to use; just plug it into your battery and you can start enjoying the benefits in almost no time at all! You'll be able to get more power from your engine using this simple device which can be installed in minutes.
- These controllers are also known as a throttle response module, an accelerator controller or TBC for short.
- All of these names refer to the same thing: a device that is used to improve acceleration and make it easier to control your speed without sacrificing efficiency or comfort.
- A throttle body controller is used in a variety of Toyota's and there are plenty of different options available so that you can get one that suits your needs perfectly.
If you want to improve the overall comfort of your vehicle, then this device is the ideal choice for you without breaking the bank on maintenance or fuel costs!
How does a throttle controller work?
The way a TBC works is quite simple. This device controls the airflow of your engine automatically so that you can accelerate more smoothly and get better control over the RPMs.
It's easy to install, just connect it directly into your throttle body in about 10 minutes and you're ready to roll without spending a fortune or having to do any complicated maintenance work.
It allows for an increase in acceleration because it has the potential to eliminate that 'lag time' experienced when driving a stock vehicle hard.
It will make your car more responsive and easier to control, giving you the chance to enjoy better fuel economy, smoother acceleration and better power overall!
Does a throttle controller Make your car faster?
Throttle controllers can make your car faster in some ways. They allow you to get better throttle response from your vehicle so that you accelerate more quickly and with much less control required on your part. It's a small step towards making your vehicle feel like it has a turbocharged engine, but without spending an arm and a leg just for this benefit.
- It's a simple modification to your engine that requires no tools but can have some pretty astonishing benefits for you!
- It gives you better maintenance on your vehicle and will help save you money in the long run, especially when it comes to your fuel costs.
- And because it helps with acceleration so much, there is potential for an increase in horsepower and better fuel economy to boot.
Whether you have your vehicle modified or not, a TBC is ideal for giving you an easy way to control the engine's airflow so that you can enjoy improved acceleration while still maintaining good fuel economy and comfort overall. These devices are simple to install and use, anyone can do it in less than 20 minutes! mod.
You can also use a TBC to control your speed more effectively so that you get better fuel economy and an overall reduction in the cost for maintenance.
And if you want some extra horsepower, then this device is perfect since it has the potential to increase power on those cars with stock engines!
Is throttle controller safe?
Yes, a throttle controller is completely safe to use. It's designed to be installed in your vehicle without any major modifications and can be used for just about any type of car on the market today.
All you need is some basic wiring knowledge and a few tools to do the installation yourself or pay a local mechanic to handle it while you relax at home.
It's easy to install and can be set up in less than 20 minutes for most cars so that you can enjoy the benefits right away! If you're ready to get serious about your car, then you need a TBC in order to take it over the next few power levels without spending too much money or doing any repairs.
How will a throttle controller improve my car?
If you want to enjoy the best driving experience possible, then this is a great option for getting it. You can get rid of that 'lag time' when you push hard on the gas pedal and enjoy much smoother acceleration overall.
- Plus, if you like to show off with your car's acceleration, then a controller is the right option for you.
- If you want a better driving experience and a car that feels like it has more power behind it, then this device will deliver on both of those points.
- If you're trying to control your speed or your acceleration (or both!) but want even greater fuel economy at the same time, then this is a great product to use.
There's more opportunity for your car to perform better if you have a controller so that you can get the most out of every trip and every day!
Does installing a response controller hurt my car?
No, in fact it can actually improve your vehicle while giving you more power than ever before. It won't hurt your car in any way and you can always remove it if you decide that it's not the right choice for your vehicle.
It is totally safe to use and makes your car much easier to drive with smoother control overall so that you can get better fuel economy for a lower cost!
Will a throttle controller void warranty?
It's important to know that a response controller is not designed to affect the warranty of your car, so yes it will not void anything. You can install this device on any car and have no worries about losing your warranty in the process!
Are they expensive? Do I need special tools to use one?
You'll be surprised at how affordable a TBC is and they are also easy to install with just about any car on the market today. You don't need expensive tools or special software, you can do everything yourself in less than 20 minutes so that you can save some cash for a new mod!
There's no reason to over spend your money when a response controller is so affordable and offers you so many amazing benefits. It's the perfect choice for any vehicle that wants to get better fuel economy, sportier acceleration, and increased horsepower overall!
What are the best options?
You can find a bunch of throttle controllers on the market today which is why it's important to know what features you're looking for. You can find a product that has the right price point, is easy to install, and will work well with your vehicle without any issues or flaws.
We recommend that you check out ShiftPower Throttle Response Controller. It brings all the great features packed in a easy to install and use upgrade.
Click to learn about Toyota Tuner vs Throttle Controller upgrade >