GMC Sierra Throttle Response: Top Pick
Some of our GMC Sierra customer's claim that after purchasing their vehicle, they notice a throttle lag when they try to accelerate.
The Sierra throttle response has been a known issue since the 2007 GMC Sierra release. This is when GM started to use the drive-by-wire or electrical throttle system.
Electrical throttle systems are both good and bad.
The bad part is that the electrical signal is always a bit slower to open the throttle, but it does provide more control. Also, due to safety GM has slowed the signal down.
There is an easy solution! Throttle response controllers amplify the signal!
We recommend that you check out ShiftPower as the best throttle response controller
What causes slow throttle response in trucks?
As stated, the electrical throttle is slower to open. One cause of this is due to safety systems in place in GM vehicles. This is known as LAG.
For example, when you are driving down the road and come across a stop sign or red light, you need to come to an immediate stop once you look for oncoming traffic and/or check that the intersection is clear.
With an electronic throttle, the car will automatically reduce power as you come to a stop to make sure you have enough braking power to come to a complete stop.
This system is also in place when you are driving and hit the gas pedal. If you hit the gas pedal hard and then let up quickly, the car will reduce power to make sure you don’t spin the tires.
These systems are great for safety, but they can also cause a throttle lag when you need power right away.
How can I improve my Sierra throttle response?
A ShiftPower throttle controller can improve your Sierra throttle lag and you can make the controller yourself.
These types of controllers take a faster input signal from the throttle pedal, usually directly from the pedal itself with a special cable, and then send this signal directly to the throttle body bypassing all of the problems in between.
The result is a faster throttle response and decreased pedal travel.
A Sierra throttle controller
A simple and effective way to improve your vehicle's throttle response.
If neither of these options can be done to your truck then the only way to solve this problem with throttle lag is by replacing the engine, transmission, and drive train. This is the most expensive option and will not likely be needed if one of these other two options can be done.
An OEM-style plug-and-play throttle controller can be a simple and effective way to improve your GMC Sierra's throttle response. An easy plug-and-play installation will have you on the road in minutes.
The play connector that is plugged into the actual throttle body instead of between other cables can make all the difference for throttle.
Placing a ShiftPower throttle controller at the actual throttle body can help your GMC Sierra's throttle response, by bypassing old throttle cables and sensors.
Does ShiftPower increase acceleration?
Yes, ShiftPower increases acceleration but does not add horsepower.
It removes the delay from your gas pedal. There are lots of online reviews. We recommend you research Amazon 1 star reviews to see what others are saying. It helps to see the positive and negative's for any part you might purchase.
- A delay from your gas pedal can result in a delay from your GMC Sierra's acceleration.
- An electronic accelerator pedal can help your GMC Sierra accelerate faster.
- It can remove the delay from your throttle response by using a play-connector to connect to the throttle body.
- An electronic accelerator pedal can be a simple and effective way to improve your GMC Sierra's acceleration.
Since there is no change to the actual drive-train of your truck, there will be no negative effect on how it drives or performs.
Read more about making a car faster >
Best Throttle Response Controller
Having the highest quality throttle controller on the market can really improve your truck. It is important to have a throttle controller made with quality material, as these parts have moving and electrical parts that can be subject to breakage and failure.
- The best throttle response controller will also offer a warranty, as this will guarantee the quality of the product you receive.
- Without a warranty, there is no recourse if your throttle cable or throttle controller fails within the first few months of use.
- The original purchase date will be on the warranty, so make sure to keep your receipt if any issues should arise.
Before purchasing a throttle controller for your GMC Sierra, be sure to read reviews and research the product. This will help ensure your throttle controller is made with high-quality material that isn't likely to fail.
One of the best throttle response controllers in the market is ShiftPower.
We particularly love the ShiftPower app because of the on-the-fly adjustments made through the app. I love personalized throttle control through my phone and I love how it works.
The ShiftPower app is designed to work with the Shift Power Controller. It is specifically made for your GMC Sierra and allows you to adjust your throttle response on the fly with the app.
- The Shift Power Controller is a simple plug-and-play throttle controller for your GMC Sierra.
- It allows your engine to work more efficiently with your GMC Sierra's drivetrain by allowing optimal acceleration.
- Faster acceleration means you will spend less time at the pump and more time enjoying your GMC Sierra.
The Shift Power Controller can improve your throttle response by removing the delay from the GMC Sierra's throttle cable.
You can also make adjustments to your engine through the app, allowing you to have better performance than ever.
Why We Recommend ShiftPower
Throttle controllers have helped make your GMC Sierra more useful. Having the feel of a vehicle putting up pressure will improve efficiency and reduce fatigue in your trucks too.
General Motors has now installed electronic throttle control on their newer models. This is because they have seen that it has improved the customer satisfaction ratings. It's not just the installation and technological parts of it that has improved they've also noticed a much more fluent ride.
ShiftPower is specifically designed to make your GMC Sierra better. This is backed by a lifetime warranty, which means it's only going to get better from here on out.
GMC Truck Jerks When Accelerating
GMC Sierra 1500 jerks when accelerating is a common complaint among GMC Sierra 1500 owners. There are many possible causes for this, but the most common include:
- The throttle cable is not calibrated properly, or it has been adjusted and the computer has lost its calibration * A throttle controller has been added to your GMC Sierra, which is electronically adjusting the throttle response
- The throttle cable itself has a problem with the motor (which can be fixed) * There is an engine misfire
- The tires or transmission are not working properly
- Having your GMC Sierra checked for a throttle controller can help you fix your jerking issue.
You can also consult a GMC dealer or mechanic to see what other issues may be causing your jerking.
GMC Sierra Hesitation Acceleration
GMC Sierra 1500 hesitation acceleration is also a common complaint. This is similar to the GMC Sierra 1500 jerking when accelerating, but there are a few differences.
The hesitation acceleration usually begins when you are in motion and gradually increases over time. This is also something that can be easily fixed through a throttle controller.
Having your GMC Sierra checked for a throttle controller can help you fix the hesitation acceleration problem.
A drive-by-wire system, which is the most common type of throttle (this is especially true for newer models), can cause hesitation acceleration.
You may also have an issue with your engine misfire, which is something that can be easily fixed through a throttle controller.
Fine-tune your throttle response with the ShiftPower Throttle Response Controller.
This Shift Power Controller allows you to tune your GMC Sierra 1500 throttle in the palm of your hand.
You can also fine-tune your throttle response with the app. This means you don't have to be in your truck to make the most of it.
You will have all the power you need to get the most out of your GMC Sierra 1500.
Performance Can Feel Delayed At Low Speeds In GMC Sierra Truck
Chevrolet Silverado throttle can feel delayed at low speeds in GMC Sierra Truck is a common complaint among GMC Sierra owners. This problem usually occurs when the throttle controller is misadjusted.
Having your GMC Sierra checked for a throttle controller can help you fix the problem.
A drive-by-wire system, which is the most common type of throttle, can cause this problem.
You may also have an issue with your engine misfire.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 throttle controller helps you control the feeling of power in your GMC Sierra by fine-tuning your throttle response.
You will be able to get the most out of your GMC Sierra.
The fuel economy of your GMC Sierra can also be increased.
Chevrolet Silverado throttle controller has been tested by many people and received great reviews.
Stock throttle position sensor Detected by Throttle Controllers
The throttle position sensor found on your GMC Sierra 1500 is not the same as the one found in other vehicles. This makes it difficult for some throttle controllers to pick up the right information.
- Having your GMC Sierra checked for a throttle controller can help you fix this issue.
- Stock throttle position sensor detected by the controller is not a common issue, but it does happen.
- It is a good idea to change your stock throttle position sensor before installing a throttle controller.
- This will allow you to use your new GMC Sierra 1500 throttle response controller with no issues.
You'll feel a big difference in power and acceleration after you've made this simple change.
Today more and more people are choosing to buy throttle controllers online. Free shipping is usually offered for most throttle controller orders.
Gas pedal Optimized with a throttle controller
The throttle pedal in your GMC Sierra can be optimized with a throttle controller. This will help you avoid jerking when you try to accelerate.
You can also fine-tune your throttle response with the Shift Power Controller App.
- Ram trucks are known for their power. When you add a GMC Sierra throttle controller to your truck, you'll enjoy the convenience of being able to tune your gas pedal.
- The Ram 1500 is a powerful truck, but you'll feel like you have even more power at your disposal with the right GMC Sierra throttle controller.
- Dodge Ram throttle controller has been tested by many people and received great reviews. Other truck owners have found it easy to use.
- A GMC Sierra throttle controller can help you get the most out of your truck and reach the road ahead faster than ever before.
After you install a GMC Sierra throttle controller, you will enjoy the benefits of having smoother acceleration and more control of your acceleration.
You'll be able to feel the difference after installing your GMC Sierra throttle controller. It is a simple and cost-effective way of increasing your potential.
Does throttle response increase horsepower?
No, the throttle controller does not increase horsepower, but instead, access the RPMs faster.
- You will need to get an aftermarket performance chip or computer programmer, which can increase your horsepower.
- Vehicle year, make, and model can play a role if you get an aftermarket performance chip or computer programmer. You'll want to find a program that is made for your specific engine.
- Faster RPMs mean you can go faster on the road. With more power, you can tow a heavier load or take the entire family out for an enjoyable ride.
A throttle controller is easy to install, and it doesn't take a lot of time.
How can I make my throttle response faster?
A throttle response faster is a matter of increasing the fuel economy.
- You can do this by using less throttle on your GMC Sierra 1500 when you are coming up to a red light.
- You can also change out your stock throttle position sensor and install a new GMC Sierra throttle controller to increase your throttle response.
- City mode and eco mode can also help you conserve fuel and make your throttle response faster.
You will get the most out of city mode if you use it in heavy traffic areas. Using your Ram 1500 in eco mode will increase your fuel economy and help you have a faster throttle response.
How can I accelerate faster?
It is an advanced throttle response controller which allows complete control of what your accelerator pedal responds to in its action whether it is faster (for instant acceleration) or slower (to improve fuel economies).
- A ShiftPower throttle controller is easy to install. It hooks up to the accelerator pedal at one end and the engine control unit at another.
- A throttle controller can help you get faster acceleration by controlling the amount of throttle the engine uses.
- You can also adjust your torque and speed to a certain degree. This is best for people who need to maintain a smoother driving experience.
- A throttle controller gives you more options when controlling the gas pedal in your truck.
You can choose a boost option for a higher RPM, or you can have it set up so that the engine has improved throttle.
Do throttle response controllers work?
No, throttle controllers do not work, but they do increase the responsiveness of your Ram 1500 when you push down on the gas pedal.
A throttle response controller uses the throttle position sensor to get information on how far you push down and what rate you push it.
- Your GMC Sierra 1500 will take in that information, and adjust the amount of gas flow accordingly.
- You can control how much response you get from your throttle controller by adjusting the settings.
- A Sierra throttle controller is a simple way to get improved acceleration capability from your truck.
- A ShiftPower throttle controller can be installed in a just few minutes.
- You can feel the difference right away. Your truck will accelerate faster and have a better engine response.
A response controller gives you more options when controlling the gas pedal in your truck.
With throttle controllers, you can choose between slow and fast acceleration and also control the throttle response in your Ram 1500.
Read about Throttle Controller Expert Review >