How To Replace A 2012-2014 Chevy Tahoe Radio With Navigation
If the radio or navigation unit is acting up in your 2012 to 2014 Chevy Tahoe there are several options for repairing or replacing it. The job is fairly easy, and doing the work yourself can save you a lot of time and money. We'll show you in this guide!
What To Do When Your Radio/Navigation System Is Acting Up
This article lists some of the common Chevy Tahoe radio problems including some helpful troubleshooting tips. In most cases, you have two options - either repair the radio or replace it. Either way, the first step is to remove the head unit from the dashboard.
Removing The Radio From Your Chevy Tahoe
To get started, you'll need the following tools:
- 7mm socket wrench
- Trim removal tool
Next, you’ll need to prepare your Chevy Tahoe so you can work on it.
- Park on a flat, level off-street surface
- Set the parking brake
- Disconnect the battery
Once you have your Tahoe prepped, follow these steps to remove the radio:
- Starting on the bottom right corner of the radio, use the trim removal tool to pry around the edges of the trim panel to release the five retaining clips. Be careful not to break any of the retaining clips or the trim panel.
- Next, remove the eight bolts holding the head unit in place using the 7 mm socket wrench.
- Carefully pull the switch panel and climate control panel out leaving the harnesses connected. Then slowly pull out the radio head unit and disconnect the wiring harness.
Installing Your Replacement Navigation And Radio Unit
If you are looking to buy a replacement unit, check out our 2012 to 2014 DVD and Navigation Radio.
- Start by connecting the wiring harness in the back of the radio.
- Slide the new head unit in the dash and place the climate control and switch panels back in place.
- Re-install the 7 mm bolts.
- Secure the trim panel, ensuring all of the clips are secured.
Founded in 1949, ISS Automotive has over 70 years of experience distributing and remanufacturing automotive electronic and mechatronic components. All of our remanufactured and repaired electronic products have a limited lifetime warranty, and we offer free shipping on orders over $99.
Got a question? Contact us or give us a call at 800-548-1195.