How To Remove An Instrument Cluster In A 2003-2004 Cadillac Escalade
If the instrument cluster in your Cadillac Escalade works intermittently or stopped working altogether, you can diagnose the problems and fix them yourself. The job is easy and requires just a few tools. Not only will your gauges look new again, but doing the work yourself will save money.
How To Remove The Instrument Cluster In Your Cadillac Escalade
If you're not sure how to get started, check out this page for tips on how to swap your instrument cluster.
First, you'll want to gather the following tools:
- Trim removal tool - you can use a flat-bladed screwdriver or putty knife, but you might scratch up your dashboard. We offer an inexpensive trim pry tool that is made for the job.
- Hex screwdriver
Next, prepare your Escalade so you can work on it.
- Park on a level surface and apply the emergency brake.
- Disconnect the battery.
- Tilt the steering down as far as it will go to provide room to remove the instrument cluster.
Once you have the tools and the truck is ready, follow these steps to remove your instrument cluster:
- Take the trim tool and carefully remove the dash panel from around the instrument cluster. Be careful not to break any clips or gouge the plastic.
- Next, use the hex screwdriver to unscrew the bolts holding the instrument cluster in the dashboard.
- Once the instrument cluster is loose, pull it out of the dashboard and unplug the master connector. Be careful not to pull on the wires when unplugging the connectors.
Now you're ready to take your instrument cluster to a repair shop or replace it with a new one.
Repairing Or Replacing Your Instrument Cluster
When it comes to fixing your instrument cluster, you have two options:
- Order a new or remanufactured replacement instrument cluster.
- Send your instrument cluster to be repaired by a professional.
Either way, ISS Automotive can help.
If you decide to repair your instrument cluster, our experienced techs can diagnose the problem and fix it so it's good as new. We guarantee 48-hour turnaround, repaired and shipped, so you won't be off the road for long.
Or, you can order a replacement 2003-2004 Cadillac Escalate instrument cluster from us.
Upgrading Your Instrument Cluster
You can have your instrument cluster customized with LED lighting while it's being repaired or replaced. Besides improving the look of your instrument panel, LED lighting offers several benefits.
Do you have any questions about repairing or replacing your instrument cluster? Feel free to contact us! We've been repairing and upgrading instruments for vehicles for more than 70 years. The odds are very good that we can help you.