This keyless entry remote is designed to match the function of the original key fob on specified vehicles. Made of quality materials, it is engineered for reliable performance.
- Direct replacement - this keyless entry remote is designed to match the function of the original key fob on specified vehicles
- Application-specific - this key fob is engineered for compatibility with specified vehicles
- Durable construction - made from quality materials and components to ensure reliable performance and long service life
- Trustworthy quality - backed by a team of product experts in the United States and more than a century of automotive experience
Common failures include:
- Keyless entry remotes typically fail due to normal wear and tear
- They are commonly dropped, crushed, scratched, lost, and exposed to moisture
|2007||Chevrolet||Silverado 1500 Classic|
|2007||Chevrolet||Silverado 1500 HD Classic|
|2007||Chevrolet||Silverado 2500 HD Classic|
|2007||Chevrolet||Silverado 3500 Classic|
|2007||GMC||Sierra 1500 Classic|
|2007||GMC||Sierra 1500 HD Classic|
|2007||GMC||Sierra 2500 HD Classic|
|2007||GMC||Sierra 3500 Classic|
|2006||Chevrolet||Silverado 1500 HD|
|2006||Chevrolet||Silverado 2500 (Mexico)|
|2006||Chevrolet||Silverado 2500 HD|
|2006||GMC||Sierra 1500 HD|
|2006||GMC||Sierra 2500 HD|
|2006||GMC||Yukon XL 1500|
|2006||GMC||Yukon XL 2500|
|2005||Chevrolet||Silverado 1500 HD|
|2005||Chevrolet||Silverado 2500 (Mexico)|
|2005||Chevrolet||Silverado 2500 HD|
|2005||GMC||Sierra 1500 HD|
|2005||GMC||Sierra 2500 HD|
|2005||GMC||Yukon XL 1500|
|2005||GMC||Yukon XL 2500|
|2004||Chevrolet||Silverado 2500 HD|
|2004||GMC||Sierra 2500 HD|
|2004||GMC||Yukon XL 1500|
|2004||GMC||Yukon XL 2500|
|2003||Chevrolet||Silverado 1500 HD|
|2003||Chevrolet||Silverado 2500 HD|
|2003||GMC||Sierra 1500 HD|
|2003||GMC||Sierra 2500 HD|
|2003||GMC||Yukon XL 1500|
|2003||GMC||Yukon XL 2500|
Programming Instructions Disclaimer:
All currently programmed and new remotes must be reprogrammed to the vehicle.
Please have it in hand at the time of programming.
- 1. Close all vehicle doors.
- 2. Insert the key into the ignition.
- 3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold it down until instructed to release in step 9.
- 4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
- 5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
- 6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- 7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
- 8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- 9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
- 10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
- 11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
- 12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.
Instrucciones de Programación Descargo de Responsabilidad: Todos los controles remotos actualmente programados y nuevos deben ser programados al vehículo. Por favor tenerlos a mano a la hora de la programación. 1. Cierre todas las puertas el vehículo.
• 2. Inserte la llave en la ignición.
• 3. Mantenga presionado el botón UNLOCK del panel de la puerta del conductor, siga presionándolo hasta que se le indique en el paso 9.
• 4. Realice los pasos 5 a 8 en una secuencia rápida.
• 5. Gire la llave de encendido hasta la posición ON (todo lo que pueda sin encender el motor).
• 6. Gire la llave de encendido hasta la posición OFF.
• 7. Gire la llave de encendido hasta la posición ON.
• 8. Gire la llave de encendido hasta la posición OFF.
• 9. Suelte el botón UNLOCK del panel de la puerta. El vehículo trabará y destrabará las puertas automáticamente.
• 10. Mantenga presionados simultáneamente los botones LOCK y UNLOCK del transmisor hasta que la puerta se trabe y se destrabe. Este paso podría llevar hasta 30 segundos.
• 11. Repita el paso 10 AHORA para cada transmisor adicional (incluyendo todos los transmisores existentes).
• 12. Gire la llave a la posición ON para salir del modo de programación de transmisores.
Chevy Tahoe Key FOB Replacement
If you're in need of a Chevy Tahoe key fob replacement, we've got you covered. ISS Automotive offers a genuine GM replacement key fob that is programmed to work with your vehicle's existing system. With our Chevy Tahoe key fob replacement, you'll be able to unlock and start your car without any trouble.
How much is a Chevy Tahoe key fob?
If you are looking for a replacement fob for your Chevy Tahoe, you can expect to pay around $65 to $200. However, this may vary depending on your local dealership and could be slightly more. This is why aftermarket might be a better option to save a little cash.
What buttons are included in the FOB?
The Chevy Tahoe's key fob will generally include the following buttons:
- Trunk/hatch release
- Panic button
- Remote start (if so equipped)
It's nice to have a keyless entry remote to open your vehicle doors automatically.
How do you program a key fob for a Chevy Tahoe?
The first step is to make sure that the key fob you have is compatible with your Chevrolet Tahoe. Not all key fobs are compatible with all vehicles, so it is important to check the programming procedure of the owner's manual for your vehicle or ask your dealer.
- Remove the key fob battery.
- Inside the vehicle, turn on the key to run position and close all doors.
- Turn off the engine and remove the key from the ignition.
- Get into the vehicle with your remote programming equipment and close all doors.
- Insert the key into the ignition, and put it in the ON position, but do not start the engine.
- Turn on the receiver programming equipment.
- Press and hold both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the key fob simultaneously.
- Release both lock and unlock buttons when the horn or other warning chimes.
- The chimes will sound one time for successful programming or three times if there is a failure.
- Program additional remotes or key fobs following the same steps without pressing the button on the original key fob.
- Turn the vehicle's ignition to LOCK mode to exit programming mode, and remove the key from the ignition.
- You are now ready to use your key fob to unlock and start your Chevrolet Tahoe.
If the key fob does not work, there may be a problem with the battery, and you should replace it.
To search for a replacement key fob or to purchase one, visit your local dealership or online shops.
How to exit programming mode?
First of all, before exit mode, entering programming mode is necessary.
- Enter the programming mode by inserting the key into the ignition and turning to the ON position, then within 5 seconds, turning it back to OFF.
- Locate the Programming button on the key fob.
- Press and hold the programming button on the key fob for at least 10 seconds, until the LED flashes.
- Release the button and the key fob will exit programming mode. Remove the jumper wire connected to the data link port. Exit the vehicle and close all doors. Test both the lock, the power lock button, and the power unlock button to ensure that it is programmed correctly.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments below or contact your local dealership.
Can I replace a key fob myself?
Yes, you can. It is a rather simple process that anyone with the right tools and knowledge should be able to accomplish.
However, if you are unsure of your abilities, there is a local locksmith in your area that should be able to accommodate you.
How much does it cost to get a key fob replacement?
There is no definitive answer here. The price of the replacement will vary from location to location.
However, on average, it will likely cost between $50 and $100.
Can I program the new key fob myself?
Yes, you can program the new fob yourself. However, keep in mind that you will need to have two valid key fobs to do so.
How do you reset the key fob on a 2000 Chevy Tahoe?
If you have lost your Chevy Tahoe fob, or it is not working properly, you can reset it by following these steps:
1. Remove the negative cable off of the battery in your vehicle using a wrench to loosen the bolt on the cable terminal.
2. After about two minutes have passed, replace the negative battery cable and tighten the bolt using the wrench.
3. Insert your key into the ignition and turn it to the "On" position.
4. Hold down the brake pedal and press the start/stop button to engage the starter.
5. Keep the brake pedal depressed and release the start/stop button after about 10 seconds.
6. Remove your key from the ignition and turn it to the "off" position.
7. Test your key fob by locking and unlocking your doors to ensure that it is working properly.
Transmitter programming mode instructions:
1. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
2. Close all of the doors.
3. Within 5 seconds, open and close the driver's door.
4. Within 20 seconds, press any button on a working keyless remote transmitter.
5. The interior light will flash and the door locks will cycle to indicate the transmitter programming mode has been entered.
6. If you have another keyless remote transmitter to add, press any button on the new transmitter.
7. The door locks will cycle to indicate acceptance of the new code and the keyless remote transmitter is programmed.
Can you replace an ignition switch yourself?
Yes, you can replace an ignition switch yourself, but it is a difficult process and can be dangerous. If you are not comfortable with performing any type of mechanical work, it is best to have a professional perform the switch replacement.
Does the ignition switch need to be programmed?
No, the ignition switch does not need to be programmed. However, all the existing and new remotes may need to be reprogrammed. The previously programmed remotes will not work until they are reprogrammed.
How do you start a Chevy Tahoe without the key?
If you have a key fob, you can start the car by pressing the lock or unlock button. If you don't have the key fob, you can start the car by using the key. To use the key, insert it into the ignition and turn it to the "On" position. If you can't do that, then check the owner's manual to see if there is another way to start your Chevrolet Tahoe without a key.
Are all Chevy key fobs the same?
No. Each Chevy vehicle has a specific key fob designed for that particular make and model, so a key fob for a Chevy Silverado will not work with a Chevy Tahoe.
Programming instructions for 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe:
- If you need to replace your 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe's key fob, you can do so by following these simple steps. You will first need to purchase a new key fob from your local Chevrolet dealership or an online retailer. Once you have your new key fob (two key fobs for safety), you can now start the programming process.
- Insert the new key fob into the ignition and turn it to the "On" position. Do not start the engine.
- Within five seconds of turning the key to the "On" position, press and release the "Lock" button on the new key fob. You should see the locks on the Tahoe cycle, indicating that the programming process has begun.
- Within 10 seconds of pressing the "Lock" button, press and release the "Unlock" button on the new key fob. Again, you should see the locks on the Tahoe cycle.
- If you are successful in programming the new key fob, you will see all the door locks cycle one final time. If the locks do not cycle, turn the key to the "Off" position and start the process over from step 1.
- Once the new key fob is programmed, you can now test it out by locking and unlocking the doors.
It is always a good idea to have two working key fobs for your Tahoe, in case one is ever lost or damaged.