How To Remove An Instrument Cluster In A 2003-2006 Chevy Avalanche
Do you have problems with the instrument cluster on your Chevy Avalanche? A dead or malfunctioning instrument cluster can make it almost impossible to tell how fast you're going, how much fuel you have in your tank, or if your truck has other issues that need to be fixed. If you've put off fixing the instrument cluster because you're not sure what your options are - we can help!
In this article, we'll show you how to remove the instrument cluster on your 2003 to 2006 Chevy Avalanche. All it takes is a few tools and a little bit of time. We'll also cover options for replacing or repairing your instrument cluster including some cool options to customize its look.
Note: This post covers the 2003-2006 Chevy Avalanche, but should also work for other GM trucks from the same years.
How To Remove The Instrument Cluster In Your Avalanche
This video provides a good overview of how to remove the instrument cluster:
Before you start, you'll need to gather the following tools:
- Trim removal tool - any flat-bladed tool will work but this trim pry tool was made for the job and won't scratch your dashboard.
- Hex screwdriver or ratchet wrench with a hex socket.
Next, prepare your truck to work on it.
- Park your truck on a level surface - preferably in your garage, driveway, or other off-street location.
- Apply the emergency brake.
- Disconnect the battery.
- If your Avalanche has a tilt steering wheel, position it all the way down to provide more room to remove the instrument cluster.
Finally, remove your instrument cluster by performing the following steps:
- Use the trim tool to remove the dash panel from around the instrument cluster. Pry the trim off carefully to avoid breaking any clips or gouging the plastic trim.
- Once the dash panel is removed, unscrew the bolts holding the instrument cluster in place with the hex driver.
- Carefully pull the instrument cluster from the dashboard and unplug the wiring harness.
Now you're ready to ship your instrument cluster to repair or replace it with a new one.
Repairing Or Replacing Your Instrument Cluster
You can choose to repair your instrument cluster or replace it with a new or remanufactured one - either way, ISS Automotive can help!
If you decide to repair the instrument cluster on your 2003 to 2006 Avalanche, our experienced techs will repair or rebuild it so it's good as new.
Or, you can order a replacement 2003-2006 Avalanche instrument cluster directly from us.
Either way you go, we offer the following services on every order:
- Free VIN and Mileage Programming
- Transmission Temp. Gauge Available
- Free Shipping
- Lifetime Warranty
Customizing Your Instrument Cluster
While your instrument cluster is being repaired or replaced, you can also have it customized. At ISS Automotive, we offer the following popular options for your 2003-2006 Chevy Avalanche:
- Custom gauge faces
- LED lighting
- Custom needle designs
- Add additional gauges
Best of all, our Automotive Pro Custom Clusters come with a lifetime warranty. Do you have any questions about repairing or replacing your instrument cluster? Feel free to contact us!